Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-cmake] Windows installer available for experimentation
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-13 09:44:23

See http://boost.cowic.de/rc/Boost-1.40.0-vc9.exe

I've tried this installer on a Windows 7 machine and it worked without
problems. Haven't actually tried to use any of the libraries.

The most striking aspect of this exercise was how smooth the process
is from the release manager's perspective. I could basically just rely
on my general knowledge. There was no special configuration;
everything "just worked" on my everyday machine.

For me the next step will be to read the CMake docs a bit, look
through the CMake files in the Boost tree, and generally become more
familiar with CMake as it applies to Boost.

Thanks to all who have worked to make this happen!

--Beman