Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-cmake] Windows Installer directory structure?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-13 17:37:47

The Windows installer created a directory tree like this:

Program Files
    Boost
        bin
        include
            boost-1_40
                boost
        lib
            ..

I'm uncomfortable with that.

It is different from the directory structure created by the current
"Getting Started" install procedure. That's hard on users who have
scripts/IDE-setups/programs that work on the current install
structure.

I think we need more discussion of what the Windows install directory
structure should be. While it is OK to change from current practice,
we want the change to be right the first time, and want to avoid
changing the structure several releases in a row.

--Beman