Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-cmake] link tests
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-20 14:39:36

I was trying to fix asio link tests and hit a couple of snags. I put in
a workaround (which I bet breaks more than it fixes) and would like some
feedback from kitware. The problems i was trying to fix:

1. The test is to ensure that linking against another built library
succeeds. Typically cmake handles things internally with absolute paths
(not with -L). How do I send the full path of e.g. boost_system, which
is hidden from me, to a ctest process (which in turn invokes a cmake
process, whch invokes a make process)?

2. The link tests didn't obey CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER, etc. Compile tests
probably still don't...

here's the diff:

http://gitorious.org/boost/svn/commit/07c7e4c848af1c748a5af62d04ba86b3c99bfab5

-t