Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-cmake] Path to test binaries for Boost.MPI (and Boost.graph_parallel) seems to be incorrect
From: Nick Edmonds (ngedmond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-20 15:17:21

Hi All,

I've been hacking the CMake build system to build the tests/examples
for libs/graph_parallel and in doing so found that the path to the
tests seems to be incorrect. I borrowed large portions of
CMakeLists.txt from Boost.MPI, which seems to have the same issue.
The path to the tests is given as "${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH}/$
{CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/tests/${PROJECT_NAME}/${testname}" in libs/mpi/test/
CMakeLists.txt. The way my build (of the trunk) is configured this
turns out to be "/./tests/mpi/${testname}" which obviously doesn't
point to the tests.

Either EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH and CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR need to be properly
initialized, or the path needs to be changed to something like "$
{Boost_SOURCE_DIR}/bin/test/${PROJECT_NAME}/${testname}. Can anyone
comment on what the correct approach would be (or point out if I did
something dumb that caused EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH and CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR
not to be properly set).

Thanks,
Nick