Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] [boost] trunk vs release (qtsync implementation)
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-26 11:47:31

troy d. straszheim wrote:
> Juergen Hunold wrote:
>>
>> Maybe we should do it like Qt.

I 'modularized' the release branch and implemented
include-directory-generation with a python script. (see the post in
this thread with 'qtsync' in the title)

You can get a tarball of the svn:externals-free modularized boost here:

http://www.gitorious.org/boost/straszheim/archive-tarball/modularized

It works like this:

Unpack the tarball, make a build directory, configure with cmake as
usual. A python script called make_includes.py will be generated into
$BUILD/bin/. Run it and a directory full of forwarding headers will be
created in $BUILD/include/boost. That's the only include path you need.
  The source for the script is in tools/build/CMake/make_includes.py.in

Generation of boost/ directory for distribution isn't done, but would be
trivial.

Each component's headers are in libs/*/include/

There is a dummy component called core: libs/core/include/ has the
headers that didn't go anywhere else.

Note:

1. if you add or remove headers you'd have to rerun this script.

2. there's an extra #include hop in every error/warning. We could
probably do something with links on unix to get around this.

3. it requires python

-t