Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] FindBoost.cmake can't find Boost 1.38
From: Lucas Thode (ljthode_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-21 22:11:23

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Philip Lowman <philip_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:06 PM, Lucas Thode <ljthode_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> <quote snipped>
>>

> Might be a bug. On line 641 of FindBoost.cmake, where the
> _boost_LIBRARIES_SEARCH_DIRS variable is initialized, could you try adding
> this line and see if that helps?
>

> "$ENV{ProgramFiles}/boost/boost_${Boost_MAJOR_VERSION}_${Boost_MINOR_VERSION}/lib"

Actually, I hacked around the issue with the _boost_STATIC_TAG variable
because that would break the build anyway...the patch is a simple two-liner
from the stock FindBoost.cmake.

> If this does fix the problem and you'd like a workaround for the problem
> until a fix can be released (or if this doesn't help at all) you can likely
> use BOOST_ROOT or BOOST_LIBRARYDIR as a CMake variable or environment
> variable.

Yeah, I set BOOST_ROOT in CMake and along with the _boost_STATIC_TAG fix,
that did the trick.

> Also, for whatever reason, FindBoost does not use the include path detected
> for the headers as a hint for finding the libraries. Not sure why this is
> but it probably should be fixed.

Yeah, it'd be a very good idea to use the includes as a hint, at least with
the tree organized as it is on Windows. On Unixy systems, it won't work so
well, but we can find things easier there anyway, right? :)