Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] First time build of boost-1.40.0 with cmake
From: John Murdie (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-18 13:14:00

troy d. straszheim wrote
> I'm pretty sure the patches you need (and you don't need to make
> 'modularize') are on the 'official cmake' branch here:
>

> http://gitorious.org/~straszheim/boost/cmake/
>

> Here is the direct download link for the cmake/1.40.0 branch,
>

> http://gitorious.org/boost/cmake/archive-tarball/1.40.0
>

> Included are a bunch of docs, which can be viewed online here:
>

> http://gitorious.org/~straszheim/boost/cmake/blobs/raw/1.40.0/tools/build/CMake/docs/build/html/index.html
>

> -t

Thank you, Troy. That was painless! A simple 'cmake --prefix=blah; make
install' was all that was needed.

While I didn't find any introductory material about building boost with
cmake directly at the boost web site http://www.boost.org/ (though the
1.4.0 sources I downloaded there clearly had some CMake configuration
materials included), of course there is a link to the documentation at
the mailman page for this mailing list -
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-cmake

John A. Murdie