Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] RFC: exported targets
From: Brad King (brad.king_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-30 08:28:32

troy d. straszheim wrote:
> Ingmar Vanhassel wrote:
>> Excerpts from troy d. straszheim's message of Thu Oct 29 23:18:12
>> +0100 2009:
>>> I haven't forgotten about LIB_SUFFIX. It is footnoted in the
>>> exported targets section of the docs:
>>
>> I meant the cmake/ subdirectory, to avoid cluttering the library
>> directory with .cmake files. KDE did this too. :-)
>>

> Whoops, my bad. It installs to PREFIX/lib/cmake/Boost.cmake now, docs
> updated and pushed.

This should be either

  <prefix>/lib/cmake/boost[version]/Boost.cmake

or

  <prefix>/lib/boost[version]/cmake/Boost.cmake

As a CMake developer, I prefer that people not clutter the lib/cmake
namespace either. Also, <prefix>/lib/cmake/Boost.cmake leaves no place
for the boost version. Finally, the find_package command looks in

  <prefix>/lib/cmake/<name>*/
  <prefix>/lib/<name>*/
  <prefix>/lib/<name>*/(cmake|CMake)/

among other places for <name>Config.cmake, and presumably BoostConfig.cmake
should sit next to Boost.cmake one day.

-Brad