Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] 1.40.0.cmake4 build problem
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-31 20:50:32

Denis Arnaud wrote:
> With the 1.40.0.cmake4 version
> (http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost-cmake/1.40.0.cmake4/boost-1.40.0.cmake4.tar.gz),
> I get a build error on the binaries (e.g., bcp, inspect).

[snip]
> To compile the inspect binary, the linker searches for the
> libboost_regex-mt-static library, where as the static version of that
> library is named libboost_regex-mt.a .

I have a version cmake5 in the works, you're welcome to try the head of
my 1.40.branch, where all of these should be fixed. (I'd appreciate the
testing). This 1.40.0.cmake5 release contains a lot of stuff backported
from the 1.41 branch.

> Note that there was a similar issue with the building of bcp, but I
> de-activated it by passing the -DBUILD_BCP=OFF option to cmake (and, for
> some reason, the -DBUILD_INSPECT=OFF option does not hinder the inspect
> binary to be built). For info, I use the following cmake options:
> -DBUILD_BCP=OFF -DBUILD_INSPECT=OFF -DBUILD_TESTS=NONE -DBUILD_TOOLS=NONE
> (I used the following documentation:
> http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost-cmake/current-docs/build_configuration.html#build-tools).

Probably you should use the docs in tools/build/CMake/docs/build/html in
your checkout... the docs at the link above are currently for the
upcoming 1.41.0.cmakebeta5, already quite different from 1.40.0.cmake4.

The new setup: BUILD_BCP, BUILD_INSPECT and friends are gone, now there
is BUILD_TOOLS, a comma-separated list of tools to build. So
BUILD_TOOLS=NONE should turn off those (useless for our purposes) utilities.

-t