Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] How to have Boost.MPI use OpenMPI (rather than MPICH2)
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-16 12:56:11

On 12/16/09 12:48 PM, in article
8be61fe00912160948n3f016945k1d361be06dc5d47d_at_[hidden], "Denis Arnaud"
wrote:

> 2009/12/15 troy <troy_at_[hidden]>
>

>> alt.boost.cmake uses cmake's standard detection of MPI... our docs are
>> very terse:
>>
>> http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost-cmake/current-docs/externals/mpi.html
>>
>> See the cmake docs for FindMPI. I assume the best way is to tweak some
>> cache variables post-installation.
>>

> Thanks Troy.
>
> I'll try to have a look at it sometime. But if, in the meantime, anyone
> (more savvy in CMake than I am) has any idea, he/she'll be welcome :)
>
> D.
question just came up a few days ago, albeit in the opposite direction:

Here is a very obscure trick. First, delete all CMake variables that
start with MPI_. To do this in ccmake, you have to first switch to
advanced view, file the MPI_ variables and hit 'd' next to each one to
delete them. Next, set the MPI_COMPILER to the mpicxx that is in your
MPI version. Next configure. CMake should pick all the right MPI
settings.

-berk

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 5:57 PM, David E DeMarle