Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] 1.40.0.cmake5 (?) builds cleanly
From: Denis Arnaud (denis.arnaud_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-21 02:53:15

2009/12/21 Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>

> IIUC, mpi.so is a Python extension? If so, soname makes little sense for
> it.
> Python extensions on my system appear to have or not have soname at random.

Yes, mpi.so is a Python extension, that is, pulling Python (libpython2.x)
Boost.Python (libboost_python) as a dependency, and allowing Python programs
to use Boost libraries. As I understand, it should also pull Boost.MPI
(libboost_mpi) as a dependency (but in the version I have,
boost-1.41.0-cmake0, it does not).
Then, the question is: where (in which dedicated directory) should that
library (mpi.so) be delivered?

Denis