Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Building boost "with an uninstalled build" and linking to boost libs
From: Brian Davis (bitminer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-31 12:35:27

Update regarding lib prefixing in BoostCore.cmake:

earlier I wrote:

--snip--

3>Linking...
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_filesystem-vc90-mt-

> sgd-1_41.lib'
>
> Now except for hte 'lib" preceeding
> 'libboost_filesystem-vc90-mt-sgd-1_41.lib' as only:
>
> boost_filesystem-vc90-mt-sgd-1_41.lib
> boost_filesystem-vc90-mt-gd-1_41.lib

--end snip--

If I modify BoostCore.cmake to add IMPORT_PREFIX "" in set_target_properties
calls I get:

1>Linking...
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'boost_filesystem-vc90-mt-gd-1_41.lib'

Hey still can't find the lib, but this should be pretty easy to rectify
seeing as Boost actually builds this library (not prefixed with lib)

boost_filesystem-vc90-mt-gd-1_41.lib and is found in
C:\projects\NIH2009\source\branches\trunk\build\dvip4-Win64\lib\Debug in my
project

I attached a diff. There is alot of hacking in there and really only one
important line including the IMPORT_PREFIX mod. I included the rest in case
there is something else making it work (I also changed some of the PREFIX
lines)

Questions? Comments?

Brian