Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Discussion of Boost-cmake moving forward
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-27 18:21:22

(cc'ing ryppl-dev. Please keep it in the cc list when replying.)

On 8/27/2010 5:48 PM, Denis Arnaud wrote:
> 2010/8/27 Brad King wrote:
>
>> FYI, boost-with-cmake is moving forward as part of the Boost
>> modularization effort in the ryppl project.
>>
>> http://ryppl.org/
>> http://ryppl.github.com/
>> http://github.com/boost-lib/
>>
>> Modularized boost will build with CMake. Eventually Boost itself will
>> be developed in a modularized way.
>
> Thanks Brad, that project seems very promising, and seems to correspond
> to what Troy, Isidor, Michael and I were trying to set up independently.
> We would be happy to join our forces, if necessary.

We would gladly accept an offer to help. On github there is a
modularized, cmake-able version of boost (see
http://ryppl.github.com/gettingstarted.html). There are plenty of
problems that need to be addressed on the boost+cmake side before ryppl
can be used to build and install it. For instance, I just filed these today:

http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=11178
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=11179
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=11180

No double, Marcus Hanwell would appreciate the help with cleaning this up.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing