Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-cmake] find_package and Boost.Cmake
From: Travis Jensen (travis.jensen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-14 21:53:50

I'm trying to figure out how to ensure my build uses my internal version of
boost. My directory structure looks like:

./CMakeLists.txt
./mylib/CMakeLists.txt
./dependencies/boost/...

How do I structure my find_package to use the internal one?

I've tried this:

set(BOOST_ROOT "${DEPENDENCY_DIR}/boost")
find_package( Boost
              COMPONENTS
                  thread-mt system-mt program_options-mt date_time-mt
                  random-mt
              PATHS ${BOOST_ROOT}
)

But that gives me the following error:

CMake Error at dependencies/boost/tools/build/CMake/BoostConfig.cmake:98
(boost_report_pretty):
  Unknown CMake command "boost_report_pretty".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:287 (find_package)

If I don't specify PATHS (even if I specify BOOST_ROOT), it uses the boost I
have installed on my system.

I can't find any documentation on how to actually use Boost.Cmake. :) Help
greatly appreciated.

tj

--
*Travis Jensen*