Date: 2007-09-29 13:12:50
Date: 2007-09-29 13:12:49 EDT (Sat, 29 Sep 2007)
New Revision: 39597
Text files modified:
trunk/tools/build/v2/changes.txt | 27 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----
1 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
--- trunk/tools/build/v2/changes.txt (original)
+++ trunk/tools/build/v2/changes.txt 2007-09-29 13:12:49 EDT (Sat, 29 Sep 2007)
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-Copyright 2004, 2006 Vladimir Prus
+Copyright 2004-2007 Vladimir Prus
Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
(See accompanying file LICENSE_1_0.txt or http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)
@@ -7,8 +7,9 @@
Changes in this release:
+ - The Pathscale, PGI and mipspro compilers are now supported.
- Support for autoconfiguration of toolset based on command-line
- toolset=xxxx or --toolset=xxxx options, and for default toolset
+ toolset=xxxx request, and for default toolset
configuration as a fallback.
- Support for precompiled headers for gcc toolset,
and improvements for msvc.
@@ -23,21 +24,37 @@
- Toolsets can now implicitly add requirements to
- New 'generate' rule.
+ - The executables produced by the 'run' rule are automatically
+ removed after run.
+ - The gcc toolset uses the version obtained by running
+ the compiler, if no explicit one is provided.
+ - The sun toolset now supports the 'address-model' feature,
+ and uses -KPIC for shared libraries.
+ - Free features on command line affect all targets, not
+ just 'directly requested' ones.
- Installation instructions for Linux distributors.
+ - Configuration options for all supported C++ compilers
+ are now documented.
The following bugs were fixed:
- - The 'cflags' and 'linkflags' features not working for Darwin.
- - The intel toolset not working on Windows.
+ - The 'cflags' and 'linkflags' now work on Darwin.o
+ - The intel toolset now works on Windows.
- Fix library search options for CodeWarriour toolset.
- The <install-source-root> could cause duplicate
- Numerious fixes in Boost autolink support
- Numerious fixes in Boost.Python support.
- - Indirect properties not evaluates in usage requirements.
+ - Indirect properties not evaluated in usage requirements.
+ - Generator that returns a property set but not target is
+ considered successful.
+ - On Darwin, when several compiler versions
+ are configured, -fcoalesce-templates is applied only to
+ versions that need it.
Milestone 11 (Jule 20, 2006)
Boost-Commit list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk