Subject: [Boost-commit] svn:boost r65452 - trunk/tools/quickbook/doc
Date: 2010-09-18 13:58:25
Date: 2010-09-18 13:58:24 EDT (Sat, 18 Sep 2010)
New Revision: 65452
Start to document the differences between quickbook language versions.
Text files modified:
trunk/tools/quickbook/doc/change_log.qbk | 56 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
1 files changed, 50 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
--- trunk/tools/quickbook/doc/change_log.qbk (original)
+++ trunk/tools/quickbook/doc/change_log.qbk 2010-09-18 13:58:24 EDT (Sat, 18 Sep 2010)
@@ -1,6 +1,48 @@
[section:change_log Change Log]
-[h3 Version 1.3]
+[section:versions Language Versions]
+Since quickbook 1.3 the `quickbook` attribute in the document block selects
+which version of the language to use. Not all changes to quickbook are
+implemented using a version switch, it's mainly just the changes that change
+the way a document is interpreted or would break existing documentation.
+[heading Quickbook 1.3 and later]
+* Introduced quickbook language versioning.
+* In the documentation info, allow phrase markup in license and purpose
+* Fully qualified section and headers. Subsection names are concatenated to the
+ ID to avoid clashing. Example: `doc_name.sect_name.sub_sect_name.sub_sub_sect_name`.
+[heading Quickbook 1.5 and later]
+* Ignore template argument separators inside square brackets.
+* Don't separate the final template argument if the `..` separator was
+ used. i.e. never mix `..` and whitespace separators.
+* Statically scope templates and their arguments rather than dynamically
+ scope them.
+* Give table ids, and let you set them.
+* Allow spaces between the `:` character and ids in elements which can
+ have ids.
+[heading Quickbook 1.6]
+* Development version of the language. Until it is finalized, it's very
+ likely to change with future releases.
+* Fix bug which would mess up the ids in included files.
+* Use the quickbook source for id generation, some elements were using
+ the generated boostbook.
+* Support explicit ids for headings.
+* XML encode all document info attributes. Previously the text would be
+ passed through as is, which allowed you to write xml character entities
+ inline. Instead you should now use unicode escapes.
+[section:releases Quickbook Releases]
+[heading Version 1.3]
* Quickbook file inclusion \[include\].
* Better xml output (pretty layout). Check out the generated XML.
@@ -31,7 +73,7 @@
* Post-processor bug fix for escaped XML code that it does not recognize.
* Replaceable, with the \[~replacement\] syntax.
-[h3 Version 1.4]
+[heading Version 1.4]
* Generic Headers
* Code changes to allow full recursion (i.e. Collectors and push/pop functions)
@@ -52,7 +94,7 @@
* Searching of included and imported files in an extensible search path with
`--include-path` (`-I`) option.
-[h3 Version 1.5]
+[heading Version 1.5]
* Support multiple copyright entrys in document info.
* Improved SVG support.
@@ -67,7 +109,7 @@
* Accept a space between `section:` and the section id.
* Support table ids.
-[h3 Version 1.5.1 - Boost 1.43.0]
+[heading Version 1.5.1 - Boost 1.43.0]
* Improve the post processor's list of block elements. `table`, `entry` and
`varlistentry` are treated as blocks. `replaceable` is treated as an inline
@@ -79,7 +121,7 @@
* Add command line flag to define macros at the command line,
e.g. `quickbook "-D__italic_foo__=/foo/"`.
-[h3 Version 1.5.2 - Boost 1.44.0]
+[heading Version 1.5.2 - Boost 1.44.0]
* Use the cygwin 1.7 API for better path handling.
* Improved boostbook generation:
@@ -109,7 +151,7 @@
* Correctly restore the quickbook version switch after including a file
with a different version.
-[h3 Version 1.5.3 - Boost 1.45.0]
+[heading Version 1.5.3 - Boost 1.45.0]
* Fix command line flag for defining macros.
* Fix a couple of issues with the code block parser:
@@ -128,4 +170,6 @@
* XML escape documentation fields, with escapes to allow encoding unicode
[endsect] [/Change log]
Boost-Commit list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk