Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Macros and scoping

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Macros and scoping
From: Darren Garvey (lists.drrngrvy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-28 14:36:00

-- resent the last one was from an unsubscribed email address, sorry --

Hey Joel,

On 28/07/07, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'd say that this is the only sensible behavior. Alas,
> it will also potentially break existing docs. Yet, I need those
> symbols for conditional generation with the scoping behavior
> mentioned above. What should we do?

Breaking the old pre-docs doesn't sound nice... How much would it break?
Just the use of defines? Would a syntax like:
[include <file_name> <scope>]
where <scope> defaults to 'local' not give enough flexibility to make
conditionals useful, without breaking old code? It might even be useful in
some normal-use cases (like conditionally including different macro
definition files).

I'm not sure if this would work well with quickbook; maybe that would mean
using something like 1) then?

Just a thought,
Darren