Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Comments

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Comments
From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-29 15:35:53

On 7/29/07, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Paul A Bristow wrote:
> >
> > The other big use of comments is copyright info like:
> >
> > [/ Copyright 2006 John Maddock and Paul A. Bristow. Distributed under the
> > Boost Software License, Version 1.0. (See accompanying file LICENSE_1_0.txt
> > or copy at http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt). ]
> >
> > There SHOULD be quite a lot of these to edit too ;-))
> >
> > And it might be useful to have some better way of doing this - the first few
> > files I went to to get an example turned out not to have a copyright - ooops!
> >
> > Can we help automate this somehow?
>
> Hmm. No idea at the moment. Will meditate on this some.
> If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears.

I'm assuming you are asking about automating addition of copyright
information to source files - if not please ignore me :-) :

The template-based sandbox project starter thingy I was working on
once upon a time had some functionality related to copyright info - it
might not be too hard to extend it so that it can go through an
existing project tree and add copyright info to each source file that
is missing it (based on whatever rule the inspection utility is
using).

Alternatively, perhaps quickbook could be given the same (optional)
feature (although that would only take care of .qbk files) - while
going through the source files, it a source file is missing copyright
info, it could take the innermost enclosing document copyright
information and insert it at the top of the file as a comment.

Stjepan