Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook - Spacing between text and code blocks

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook - Spacing between text and code blocks
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 01:09:13

> It doesn't bother me much, but...
>
> the problem is that we have (ab)used the code import feature to
> interweave
> lot's of text and code, rather than having one big code block.
> Personally I
> think it's a lot easier to understand the way we've done it, but I
> guess we
> would almost need two kinds of blocks to achieve what you want: big
> blocks
> with a border around them, and small blocks with no extra space
> around them.
> But that complicates things :-(

I have to admit that the extra spacing is bothering me a little bit
too. There are times when it just doesn't look that good to have a
full half-inch separating code and text that describes what's going
on. I don't know if two code block types are necessary, but I would
be happy with consistent (relatively small 1/4 inch? smaller?) space
between the code and text. And tables and text. And pre-formatted
text and text. And headings and text. And headings and code/
preformatted text/tables :)

Andrew Sutton
asutton_at_[hidden]