Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook - Spacing between text and code blocks

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook - Spacing between text and code blocks
From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 08:58:10

This is an opinion about ALL documents.

But as an example, I've printed out the 1st page on the example Estimating samnples sizes for the negative binomial. (Print so I
can put a ruler to it more easily than on the screen ;-)

First I observe that the boxes don't print - but that's fine.

The line spacing seems to be 4 mm, but a blank line is 4 mm, but a 5 mm blank line before a code block box (is this for line?)
between the lines of text and the (mostly single line on this page) code blocks.

So it looks very 'double spaced' having more than an ordinary blank line before and after the code line.

What I am suggesting is that we only need as little as half this blank spacing both within and without the code blacks. But
certainly we don't need *more* than a standard blank line 4 mm spacing.

However this is not a big issue and I wouldn't want to waste time on it if difficult.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]