Re: [Boost-docs] [ping]questions about boost documentation

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [ping]questions about boost documentation
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 05:41:00

Robert Ramey wrote:

> My complaint is a little different. It seems to me that the documentation
> tools, quickbook, docbook, integation with bjam v2, and library
> documentation are all going on in parallel. So if I want to work
> on my document, things are constantly changing so fast that
> I can't keep up and get the actual document done.

That's only true if you use the tools in the HEAD. If you want
something stable, stick with the ones in the releases. Simple.
If you are not happy with that too, you are always free to use
plain HTML. Let me emphasize this, if it's not clear yet: no
one is forcing anyone to use the tools that we use. You are
free to use whatever tool you wish. It just so happens that
a lot of people already find them useful, and the usage of these
tools has become prevalent that we find it good to collect these
tools and share them to anyone interested.

[snip]

> Soooooo - I don't like the current documentation organization
> if its as "monolithic" as it looks from directory tree.

Agreed.

> And
> I don't like to use tools which are currently in development.

Then don't use them. Use the ones in the releases, or plain HTML
if you wish, or your own tools. Everything in the HEAD is under
development, including libraries. I'm sure you already know that.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com