Re: [Boost-docs] Why "boost.root"? (was: Can't build bjam docs)

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Why "boost.root"? (was: Can't build bjam docs)
From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-19 19:57:58

On 9/19/07, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
> > John Maddock wrote:
>
> >> The other thing I'd still really like to see fixed, is bjam's insistance on
> >> stripping trailing /'s from paths. Currently it breaks all kinds of
> >> Boostbook XSL options :-( Do you know if there is any way to work around
> >> this?
> >
> > I'm looking at it now... Since I didn't know the problem existed until I
> > ran into it last night :-)
>
> It's fixed now. With the change I can now use the more direct
> work-around of:
>
> <xsl:param>boost.root=.
> <xsl:param>admon.graphics.path=images/
> <xsl:param>navig.graphics.path=images/
>
> But, I still question the need to have the boost.root setting. Are we
> really only interested in knowing where the "doc" location is? Or are we
> interested in the "html" (or "xhtml") output dir? If so, why not have
> "doc.root.path" or "output.root.path", making this a Boost agnostic setting?

We have already work on this front two months ago, but no one look at
it at that time. Here are the new BoostBook docs that include a new
section with a full description of the user params. They have been
changed so Boostbook is boost agnostic. It will be great if you can
check if they are fine.

Look for this new section (Boostbook HTML params) here:
http://beta.boost.org/development/tools/boostbook/doc/html/index.html

The changes are in the boost_docs svn.

Best regards
Matias