Re: [Boost-docs] INdexing

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] INdexing
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-22 00:11:24

> I don't suppose it's possible to implement as something like:
>
> template <class Distribution>
> class skewed_distribution
> {
> skewed_distribution(const Distribution&, typename
> Distribution::value_type skewness);
> };
>
> So we get a skewed t-distribution and whatever else for free?

I'm not sure. My gut feeling is no. I think that skewing a
distribution essentially fundamentally modifies the formulas that,
for example, define its pdf, and that these modifications differ
fundamentally from distribution to distribution. These changes would
probably propagate inconsistently to the moment generating functions.

On the other hand, I may very well be completely wrong :) I'm not
that great of a mathematician, but it's an interesting question.

Andrew Sutton
asutton_at_[hidden]