Re: [Boost-docs] Definition Lists in Quickbook

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Definition Lists in Quickbook
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-14 19:38:34

Anthony Williams wrote:
> In the thread documentation, there's a definition list in the glossary. The
> definition of each term is often multiple paragraphs and may contain lists or
> tables.
>
> When I try and write this in quickbook it doesn't work:
>
> [variablelist
> [[term 1] [
>
> some text with a list
>
> * item 1
> * item 2
> * item 3
>
> more text]]]
>
> ignores the list markup. Is this intentional?

Well, unfortunately, lists are not (yet) supported inside table cells
and such. In the meantime you can use a template as a workaround.
Example:

[template mylist
* item 1
* item 2
* item 3
]

[variablelist
     [[term 1] [[mylist] more text]]
]

There is a trac entry for this problem
(http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1193)

You see, essentially, the problem is that the wiki style, simple list
syntax is not nestable.

HTH.

Regards,

--