[Boost-docs] [quickbook] Include directive and auto-generated qualified ids in included file

Subject: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Include directive and auto-generated qualified ids in included file
From: Samuel Debionne (debionne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-23 09:46:48

Hello all,

I have an issue with auto-generated qualified id of section when a
document is included in a main one. I'm using v1.4 from trunk.

Let say I have a chapter that I wrote independently of the main doc. This
chapter as some "local" links to some of its sections. When compiled
alone, the id and linkend are in sync. But when included in an other doc
the link are broken since the qualified id takes into account the id
hierarchy where it is included.

 From the quickBook doc :
" The [include] directive lets you specify a document id to use for the
included file. When this id is not explicitly specified, the id defaults
to the filename ("someother", in the example above)".

Even when specifying a document id int the include directive, the problem
remains. I enclosed a little use case that shows the pb:
quickbook Included.xml -> link OK
quickbook Main.xml -> link KO

Actually I'm not sure that the include id was intended to solve this
problem, is it ? I would be good to have some means to keep the links
valid when reworking a document (at least local links). Am I missing
something ?

I try to come with a solution, but since its my first steps with quickbook
it is probably not that great work. I modified the include_action to reset
the section_level for the included doc when an include id is specified.
Since the section_level may also be used for other thing (i.e.
generic_header_action) it may have to be split in header_level and
section_level.
I enclosed a patch.

Regards,
Samuel