Re: [Boost-docs] [stylesheet] forced upcasing of titles

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [stylesheet] forced upcasing of titles
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-01 16:48:19

David Abrahams wrote:
> It worries me that C++ identifiers appearing in section titles come out
> as ALL_CAPS with the new documentation stylesheet. This one is fairly
> innocuous
> (http://boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/python/doc/building.html#include-issues)
> but other cases could easily be really confusing.
>
> Is the stylistic advantage of small-caps section titles worth the
> potential confusion?

Good question. I think the small-caps are useful overall. But I can see
how it would be confusing in this case. Would a compromise of not
showing the #include part of the heading as small-caps work? It would
generically be showing any "pre" or "tt" within a header as-is.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything