Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] chapters

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] chapters
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-28 10:09:21

2008/4/26 Jaroslav Gresula <jgresula.LEAVE-THIS-OUT_at_[hidden]>:

> does quickbook support chapters? I have found a mention about chapters
> in this post (http://tinyurl.com/56vl2f) but it seems that the ideas
> presented there have not been implemented yet.
>
> Chapters would come in handy for my personal project. Is there any
> chance that it will be implemented?

There doesn't seem to be much quickbook development going on at the
moment, I think Joel's busy with Spirit 2 and other things. You might
want to create a feature request ticket on Trac to make sure this
isn't forgotten.

What you can do for now is what boost does, and write a quickbook file
for each chapter and pull them together in with 'xi:include' tags in
BoostBook. This is a little fiddly but not that hard. You can use
'doc/src/boost.xml' and 'doc/Jamfile.v2' as guides. You'll need both a
'<dependency>' and an '<implicit-dependency>' for each chapter in the
Jamfile.

Daniel