[Boost-docs] Generating slightly better filenames

Subject: [Boost-docs] Generating slightly better filenames
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-30 21:29:35

I'm trying to improve the filenames created by boostbook. In the
xpressive documentation there's a file (http://tinyurl.com/436vx4)
with the impressive filename:

result_This(Cont,It,Value),typename disable_if_ mpl__or__ is_integral_
UNCVREF(It)_,is_same_ UNCVREF(It),UNCVREF(Value)_ _
___type__id1001524.html

The attached patch generates the slightly improved:

result_This(Cont,It,Value),typename_disable_if_mpl_or_is_integral_UNCVREF(It)_,is_same_UNCVREF(It),UNCVREF(Value)_type_id2392301.html

Spaces are converted to underscores, and consecutive underscores are
replaced with single underscores. It's a bit of a hack but it seems to
work okay.

I'll try to make further improvements at some point - such as not
including the 'typename' and truncating long type names like this but
that will require a better understanding of the xsl so I probably
won't get round to it for a while.

If there's a 1.35.1, I'll probably try to include something like this.

Daniel