Re: [Boost-docs] Generating slightly better filenames

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Generating slightly better filenames
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-08 22:21:13

On 30/04/2008, Daniel James <daniel_james_at_[hidden]> wrote:
[snip]

> Spaces are converted to underscores, and consecutive underscores are
> replaced with single underscores. It's a bit of a hack but it seems to
> work okay.

I've merged this into trunk now.

> I'll try to make further improvements at some point - such as not
> including the 'typename' and truncating long type names like this but
> that will require a better understanding of the xsl so I probably
> won't get round to it for a while.

It turns out that supporting variadic template parameters in template
specializations needs some improvements here, so I've made a few
changes in the doc branch:

1. There are actually two different templates for generating ids for
functions, so I combined them. The new version uses the function name
if it's unique, otherwise it generates the id and adds the unique
numeric id on the end.

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/45130

2. I changed the id generating templates, so that instead of calling
'fully-qualified-name' they call a new template 'fully-qualified-id'.
This will make it easier to make changes to the generated ids. For a
start it replaces dots that aren't seperators with underscores - this
is needed for template packs. The exisiting code converts the three
dots to three slashes (i.e. directory separators).

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/45131

3. At the moment all members of template specializations have a
numeric id added to the end of its generated id - but the generated id
is often the numeric id anyway, so you end up with something like
'id253720-bb_id253720'. This only adds the numeric id when generating
the id from the full name.

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/45152

I'll merge these changes into trunk soon if there's no objections -
and probably then merge all of this to the release branch.

Daniel