[Boost-docs] [quickbook] Several template bugs & Turing-completeness

Subject: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Several template bugs & Turing-completeness
From: Robert Kawulak (tigrisek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-21 00:32:09

Hi,

I've found several bugs regarding templates in Quickbook from 1.35 release:

1. This does not work:

[template sitelink[page name] [@http://site.org/[page] [name]]]
[sitelink index.html here] <- "error: Expanding template"

2. This causes access violation (memory write):

[template join1[a b] [b][a]] <- "error: Expanding template"
[template join2[a b] [a][b]]
[template test[x] [join1 [join2 0 [x]] 0]]
[test 0]

3. It would be nice if this worked:

[template t1 foo]
[template t2[t] [[t]]]
[t2 t1] <- "error: Expanding template"

4. Sometimes, when a matching ']' is missing, Quickbook hangs with 100% CPU
usage. However, I don't have any code snippet causing this right now.

BTW, in the docs there is a statement that Quickbook is Turing-complete. This
made me curious, but I haven't figured out yet how this works. Could somebody
send an example of some simple algorithm executed using Quickbook? Thanks in
advance. ;-)

Best regards,
Robert