[Boost-docs] Quickbook for non-boost application

Subject: [Boost-docs] Quickbook for non-boost application
From: Thomas Taylor (thomas.taylor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-30 16:11:48

Hi all,

Yes I know this is supposed to be a boost specific mailing list, so if there
is a place where my question would fit in better, please point me to it.

First of all let me thank you for providing such great tools to help me
understand my programs even a year after I've written them.

My question is: What is a good way to set up a production line to make my
own documentation with QuickBook?

As far as I understand it the production line should be something like this:
quickbook doc.qbk --> doc.xml
xslt doc.xml --> some html files
Right?

For the first part (quickbook doc.qbk --> doc.xml) I have:
* downloaded QuickBook and compiled my own version as described here
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/tools/quickbook/doc/html/quickbook/install/linux.html).
* copied
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/tools/quickbook/doc/quickbook.qbk to a
local doc.qbk and deleted most of it for test purposes
* generated doc.xml with quickbook executable

The second part (xslt doc.xml --> some html files) does not work for me so
far:
* doc.xml references a dtd file on the web that does not exist (fixed that
manually in the xml file to point to a local copy of boostbook.dtd, but for
future reference: where would one configure which dtd to reference?)
* boostbook.dtd does not define the tag article, but doc.xml contains this
tag (remember it is copy of quickbook.qbk)... so is it possible to obtain a
copy of the dtd and all those nice pictures that are used to generate this
cool documentation layout that I know from Spirit and QuickBook, and if so
where do I get it?

Any help is appreciated,
Thomas