Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Error with windows newlines

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Error with windows newlines
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-30 17:23:39

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Daniel James wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If use a debug build of quickbook with the attached file, I get this
>> error:
>>
>> Generating Output File: tutorial.xml
>> quickbook: detail/collector.cpp:46:
>> quickbook::collector::~collector(): Assertion `streams.empty()'
>> failed.
>> zsh: abort tutorial.qbk
>>
>> This is processing a windows file (ie. CRLF newlines) on linux. With
>> LF newlines there are no problems. Any idea what's going wrong?
>
> Sorry, I haven't been reading this list recently. It is a known
> bug, but I haven't investigated on it yet. Please add a trac
> ticket if you will (if there's none yet).

I notice that Daniel opened a ticket for this (thanks Daniel!):

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2155

I'm getting bitten by this one, too. It also happens when processing a
qbk file with crlf newlines under cygwin. I tried to debug this, but I'm
useless at debugging under cygwin. Hopefully Joel or someone with decent
Linux debugging skills can get around to this sometime.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing