Re: [Boost-docs] boost-root/doc/test needed

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] boost-root/doc/test needed
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-30 21:32:51

On 30/07/2008, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Secondly, the file tools/boostbook/doc/reference.xml was
> originally generated from
> tools/boostbook/doc/reference.dtdxml, which was itself
> originally generated from tools/boostbook/dtd/boostbook.dtd
> via a tool called dtdparse. However, reference.dtdxml has since been
> hand-edited and cannot be regenerated, even though the dtd has changed.
> Worse, reference.xml has also been edited, and so it cannot be regenerated
> from reference.dtdxml. This is a Big Mess. Best option is to give up on
> reference.dtdxml (and delete it), keep editing reference.xml by hand and
> work to keep it in sync with boostbook.dtd.

If reference.xml has been edited, then we've lost those changes. Here, I think:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/40555/trunk/tools/boostbook/doc/reference.xml

If possible, I'd prefer to find a way to restore anything we've lost
to the dtdxml file, probably by updating the xsl. The dtdxml is easier
to update than reference.xml.

Daniel