Re: [Boost-docs] Request on Boost documentation for translate to Russian

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Request on Boost documentation for translate to Russian
From: xiaq (xiaqqaix_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 09:55:47

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 2:13 AM, Daniel James <daniel_james_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Sorry about the slow reply.
>
> 2008/9/9 karfagen <agent_cia_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> For example, I coulde be translate the original docs page by page but where
>> could I publish it? Where could I report about translated library's pages?
>> An so on on the same wave...
>>
>> Does exists the srvice as I mentioned above?
>
> I'm afraid that we don't really have any support for documentation
> translation and there doesn't seem to be any ongoing translation
> efforts. Boost has a lot of documentation so it'd be a very big job.
> I'm not sure what the best route forward would be. The main boost list
> might be a better place to bring this up, as this list doesn't get
> much attention from the moderaters.

Hi,
I'm a member of a Boost translation team. We are translating the
documentation into Chinese. I consulted the mailing list about how the
documentation was built on Jul 31th. The answer was that the
documentations for each library were built in different ways, so we
decided to go on translating the HTML files for simplicity's sake. We
use Google Code for the project management, and pack the translated
files into a CHM and upload it to our Google Group. We are planning to
publish the documentation in one of the websites on C++ in China, for
the space of Google Group files in limited.

You can visit our Google Group (if you can read Chinese):
http://groups.google.com/group/boost_doc_translation

I wish that the Boost documentation team could add links to the
translations on the website.