Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Moving documentation into combined documentation

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Moving documentation into combined documentation
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-27 13:20:23

2008/9/27 Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]>:

>> For some time the quickbook documentation has been part of the
>> combined documentation in trunk, but all the links are broken as
>> they're relative to the standalone directory, which is why this hasn't
>> been released.
>
> Are you talking about the documentation for the QuickBook tool, or quickbook
> (TM) documentation for something else? I'm a little confused.

The documentation for quickbook.

> Not sure what you're suggesting, and what will be broken by your changes.
> Can you clarify?

Just adding the documentation to the combined documentation. Rene
started this 3 years ago:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/31688/

but it was never released. I've already made some changes to sort it out:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/48928/ - copy images over
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/48929/ - fix links
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/48930/ - remove prebuilt documentation

This means that the documentation for quickbook won't be available in
subversion. It could break some links. I'll add redirects and check
the inspection report. Or I'll just revert it all if desired.

The advantage is that all the documentation tools' documentation can
be in one place. And eventually, I'll add a getting started guide as
well.

>> By the way, if you think I should be posting these things as trac
>> tickets, say something and I'll do that in the future. I'm never sure
>> which root to go.
>
> To whom would the tickets be assigned? Yourself? Seems posting questions
> here is probably a better bet. ;-)

But they're often ignored. And it's nice to refer to tickets in changesets.

Actually, it might be a good idea to send documentation tickets to
this list, since there isn't really a single documentation maintainer.
Maybe boostbook and quickbook tickets as well.

Daniel