Re: [Boost-docs] Doc build failure... For bjam.

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Doc build failure... For bjam.
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-10 08:01:20

2008/10/10 Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>:

> So why am I getting these errors? Probably because I'm using the
> docbook-xml-4.5 and docbook-xsl-1.74.0 releases instead of the extremely old
> 4.2 and wahtever else the xsl one is. But using the latest docbook-xml-4.x
> plus the latest docbook-xsl-1.x.y used to work.

Using the latest xsl files should be okay (I'm using 1.73.2, the
current one in the Ubuntu beta), but the bookbook dtd imports the 4.2
docbook dtd so I think you have to use docbook-xml-4.2.

2008/10/10 Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]>:

> Looks like either you've configured the boostbook toolset wrong in your
> user-config.jam (bad paths?) or else xsltproc is not finding the catalog
> file. Are you running this under cygwin, by any chance?

You (Rene) might need to delete bin.v2/boostbook.jam. It doesn't
always get updated when the configuration is changed.

It doesn't look like you're using cygwin, which is a pity as cygwin's
easier to setup. There are a few dodgy version of xsltproc for
windows. If you have further problems you might want to look at the
rough instructions at:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted#Windows

I successfully used the setup I described (apart from a couple of
problems which won't affect the jam documentation). Feel free to make
changes.

Daniel