Re: [Boost-docs] configure and Makefile where?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] configure and Makefile where?
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-13 09:32:01

The right place to ask this question would be the users list, where
you'd probably get a better answer. But I'll try.

2008/10/13 Adem <for-gmane_at_[hidden]>:
> The online documentation at
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#link-your-program-to-a-boost-library
> says under section 5.1 "Easy Build and Install" that there
> is a configure and Makefile file, but in the svn trunk
> these files are missing.

There's a configure script at the root:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/configure

If you run this it will create the makefile. Rather than use
subversion, you'd probably be better of using an official release, but
if you're using subversion the commands are something like:

    svn co http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk boost-trunk
    cd boost-trunk
    ./configure

Note that this isn't an autoconf script and doesn't support all the
options that most configure scripts do, it's more of a wrapper around
the boost build system.

Hope that helps,

Daniel