Re: [Boost-docs] Making Boost Doc builds more robust

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Making Boost Doc builds more robust
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-02 12:52:21

2008/12/2 John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>:
> Daniel James wrote:
>
>>> FWIW, on linux the documentation build has been very stable for me
>>> (apart from the recent quickbook bug). The issue with building the
>>> accumulators documentation on windows has been fixed
>
> Sorry, but does the build fail if latex, ps etc are not present in the path?

I think it doesn't, but that wasn't what I was referring to, although
I agree that it's an issue. I was referring to the images not been
copied into the documentation, even if they're successfully built. I
was just trying to list what currently works and what doesn't.

>>> The only remaining issue that I'm aware of is that quickbook doesn't
>>> work with some cygwin paths. I think it's only for paths that begin
>>> with '/cygdrive' (so it might not happen if you checkout boost inside
>>> your cygwin home directory) and that it's not a new bug but it became
>>> a problem in the last release because boost build started using
>>> absolute paths.
>
> I suspect that mixing cygwin and win32 builds of tools will always be a dead
> loss. Using all Win32 builds throughout seems to work OK though.

This was using just cygwin, the problem is that cygwin quickbook
doesn't always deal with '/cygdrive' paths. It sometimes adds the
drive name as if it's a windows path (so you get 'c:/cygdrive/c/'). I
think that boost::filesystem::complete is doing that. Looking at
filesystem, the fix might be to define BOOST_CYGWIN_PATH when building
quickbook for cygwin.

Daniel