Re: [Boost-docs] Xpressive problems

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Xpressive problems
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-05 16:51:02

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Daniel James <daniel_james_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 2008/12/5 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> This isn't the first time that I've had problems because a certain
>> version of bjam was required for some build to work. Perhaps Jamfiles
>> could have a feature that says, in effect, "version of bjam n.nn or
>> later is required, but the current version is earlier than that."
>
> There's a warning at the beginning of the log.

Ah! Yes, there it is. I've already posted a request for a new feature,
by the way.

> It was originally an
> error which would cause an immediate failure, but Volodya changed it
> because some of the testers complained. Once the new version of bjam
> is released I think he'll change it back to an error.

Warnings do about no good at all in an automatic script that runs
unattended late at night.

I'll try to get him to make it an error. The test scripts should (and
IIRC already do) cope with a need to rebuild bjam.

Thanks,

--Beman