Re: [Boost-docs] quickbook/filesystem and cygwin

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] quickbook/filesystem and cygwin
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-06 17:46:27

On 06/12/2008, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> OK I finally got around to trying a cygwin build of some docs, and didn't
> get very far:
>
> * By default Boost.Filesystem expects Win32 paths when built under cygwin,
> but those paths don't work from within quickbook (which presumably expects
> or gets passed cygwin style paths?). I see:

I've mentioned this a few times. This problem turned up near the last
release, I think boost build started using absolute paths, although I
never checked if that was the cause. I tried defining
BOOST_CYGWIN_PATH in the quickbook Jamfile to see if it would help,
but haven't had a chance to test it yet (I don't have a windows
computer at home). I forgot that filesystem isn't header only.

> quickbook.quickbook-to-boostbook
> ../../bin.v2/doc/test/gcc-mingw-3.4.4/debug/test.xml

I think you should probably use the cygwin gcc 4. Here's what I did:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted#Cygwin

Feel free to edit it.

Daniel