[Boost-docs] boost visual studio debugger visualizers

Subject: [Boost-docs] boost visual studio debugger visualizers
From: Roel Vanhout (roel.vanhout_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-16 10:50:18

Hello all,

I'm having troubles getting this message through the email system on
my work account so I'm retrying from another one, my apologies if the
others end up showing up on this list as duplicates after all.

I found on the following page:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/DebuggerVisualizers that this
list is the correct one to discuss boost visualizers for the Visual
Studio debugger. The page mentioned includes a list of useful
visualizers that can be set in autoexp.dat, but last week I was
looking for a way to show a human-readable form of
boost::posix_time::ptime in the Visual Studio debugger. That cannot be
done directly in autoexp.dat, you need a debugger 'expression
evaluator' plugin dll for that, which are simple to write once you get
across some early hurdles (like the authorative sample from MSDN not
working out of the box). Anyway I was wondering if anyone is
interested in me packaging this plugin or adding otther boost types to
it.

cheers,

roel