Re: [Boost-docs] Decoupling documentation builds from release management

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Decoupling documentation builds from release management
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-09 20:37:35

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Daniel James <daniel_james_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Good idea: I'd offer to host the doc build, but I don't have the cpu-cycles
>> at present :-(
>
> I can't do it daily at the moment, but I could do it occasionally,
> maybe a couple of times a week. I'm going away for Christmas next week
> so I won't be able to do much until I get back. If I can get the build
> working on OS X I might be able to do it more often (hopefully it
> shouldn't be too hard, I think I just haven't set up latex correctly).

Daniel,

We need to move forward with this for 1.38.0. Even if you can only
build a couple of times a week, that is way better than what we have
now.

If you can do the build, and then upload a 7z (or other compact
archive format) of the docs directory to the cowic ftp site, I'll
start integrating it into the snapshot. And also figure out how to
make it available (beta.boost.org) so developers can browse their docs
online.

Thanks,

--Beman

--Beman