Re: [Boost-docs] HTML to PDF translations?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] HTML to PDF translations?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-11 15:16:34

IMO it would be *much* better to translate everything from html to
Quickbook.

Since it is a wiki-style almost anyone with Notepad or vi can edit it to
correct mistakes and add new stuff.

This is really important for the future as more packages inevitably cease to
be maintained by their original author.

I can sympathize with people not wanting to give up their favourite tool
(the devil they know), but this tool chain has produced by far the best end
results, however complex it seems to get started (I know: I've suffered
major hair loss/elevated blood pressure/deterioration in language/
monitorial defenestration urges ... in the process).

I think we need to make it easier to get the toolchain working (figuring out
why it doesn't is the major hassle), and provide a template and testing pack
to get new documenters started.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow