Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook with Doxygen autodoc - How togetthe function (and enum) descriptions?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook with Doxygen autodoc - How togetthe function (and enum) descriptions?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-10 10:44:59

Well if I look at the function index and look at author (since it's near the
top of the alphabet ;-)

What I hoped to find was a link that took me directly to the function info

22. void author(const std::string a) ;

Set author for the document (default is copyright_holder).

But what I get is several links to the primary author entry

author

    Description

    Header < boost/svg_plot/svg.hpp >

    Header < boost/svg_plot/svg_fwd.hpp >

    Implementation & Rationale

    svg public member functions

    `svg` Copyright

Of course the others are relevant to the main index - but not to the
function index?

What I was hoping for was the equivalent to the hand produced Quickbook
table entry, for example:

void author(const std::string) Sets the author of the document The
copyright_holder is the default author

that I get to from `svg Copyright 'that Jake started.

(Which is now way out of date after so many more functions have been added -
and I got very bored producing half it in the first place! - so I was
really, really hoping to remove it and use the Doxygen comments instead).

(Also I do note a primary entry for 'if' with lots of sub links - perhaps a
'bad' entry that I need to add to a 'stop list'.)

The pdf version is similar - and producing it has the handy side benefit of
producing a neat list of all the missing graphics and dodgy links ;-)

(I'm sure you won't have discovered this of course ;-)

I did notice a minor wrinklette in the pdf - the function number (22 in the
example above) lies on the border of the box, neither in nor out.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse