Re: [Boost-docs] docbook indexing question

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] docbook indexing question
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-22 10:55:53

> I have the following thing in Boost.Build documentation:
>
> <section id="bbv2.reference.rules">
> <title>Builtin rules</title>

> <variablelist>
>
> <varlistentry>
> <indexterm><primary>always building a
> metatarget</primary></indexterm>
>
> This almost works, in that 'always build a metatarget' is added to index.
> However, the index
> links to the "Builtin rules" section, not to the description of the
> "always" function.
>
> Does anybody know how I can get Docbook to create a more direct reference?

This isn't a docbook issue as such - it's an issue with how the docbook
translator handles index generation - in the case of HTML docs generation,
the link always goes to the top of the HTML page containing the indexterm.
But this param lets you change the behavior:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/index.links.to.section.html

Note that PDF generation is different again :-(

HTH, John.