Re: [Boost-docs] installing files

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] installing files
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-22 19:00:16

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> I am trying, so far unsuccessfully, to copy the .css and some image files into a
> doc/html so that the html and subdirectories are complete and 'zippable'. But
> there is obviously something (many perhaps things) that I don't understand about
> B*****y jam syntax/rules.
>
> I want to copy the Boost 'official' versions using BOOST_ROOT (or better a local
> version).
>
> path-constant local-boost-root : $BOOST_ROOT ; # So can access your chosen boost
> version (trunk, old ...).
>
> Ideally I'd like to create path constants for the sources too, for example:
>
> path-constant images_location : $(BOOST_ROOT)/doc/html ;
>
> 1st copy the stylesheet boostbook.css into an html subfolder
>
> install css
> :
> <location>$(BOOST_ROOT)/doc/html/boostbook.css
> :
> <location>html
> ;
>
> But this doesn't do the copy?

Interesting... Not sure what effect that would have other than an error
message from BBv2. Try looking at the way the existing docs build copies
the CSS and images
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/doc/Jamfile.v2#L82>. But
to put it briefly:

install /target name/ : /source files/ : <location>/target directory/ ;

HTH

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything