Re: [Boost-docs] installing files

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] installing files
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-23 18:41:47

> because I get an error (despite apparently not using a * wildcard)
>
> jamfile.v2:232: in modules.load
> *** argument error
> * rule glob ( wildcards + : excludes * )
> * called with: ( )
> * missing argument wildcards

That suggests that BOOST_ROOT is unset, and so the path expands to an empty
list.

This might be the cause of the other problems too?

The best way to debug variable issues is to add a few

ECHO "BOOST_ROOT=" $(BOOST_ROOT) ;

statements so you can see what's happening.

If BOOST_ROOT is an environment variable then something like:

import modules ;
import path ;

boost-root = [ modules.peek : BOOST_ROOT ] ;

might do the trick (if you then use $(boost-root) in the rest of the code).

HTH, John.