Re: [Boost-docs] installing files

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] installing files
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-02 12:47:40

[mailto:boost-docs-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of John Maddock
> Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:42 PM
> To: Discussion of Boost Documentation
> Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] installing files
>
> > because I get an error (despite apparently not using a * wildcard)
> >
> > jamfile.v2:232: in modules.load
> > *** argument error
> > * rule glob ( wildcards + : excludes * )
> > * called with: ( )
> > * missing argument wildcards
>
> That suggests that BOOST_ROOT is unset, and so the path expands to an empty
list.

Indeed this is the cause of my difficulty (and that was caused by *knowing* that
BOOST_ROOT was set OK, but did not RTFM carefully enough to realise that it is
only visible to bjam through the OS mechanism - and confused by the error
message).

Thanks.

Paul

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Mark Twain

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse