Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook blocks for concepts

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook blocks for concepts
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-10 10:58:13

On 10 February 2010 09:28, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> It'd probably be better to use the UTF-8 characters rather than entities.
>
> Ah, they expand to unicode character escapes not named entities: that makes
> them completely independent of output format and character encoding.  The
> names are just used for the template names.

Yes, I had a look at the file before posting. It's generally better to
avoid escaping if possible. I wasn't suggesting that you use UTF-8
instead of the templates, but that you use UTF-8 instead of the
entities in the templates (see attached, hopefully it'll survive
transit).

I would like to improve unicode support. Since spirit's improving its
support it shouldn't be too hard. At the very least, I should check
for a BOM before the next release (at the moment it thinks it's text).

Daniel