Re: [Boost-docs] XSL optimizations

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] XSL optimizations
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-18 08:07:13

On 18 March 2010 04:06, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Do the changes seem reasonable?

They look more than reasonable to me. Your syntax highlighter is a lot
clearer than the old one, so even without the speed increase it'd be
an improvement. I'll do some testing this weekend.

Do you know if xsltproc optimises tail recursion? If it doesn't it
might be worth moving the search for identifier/non-identifier
characters into separate templates so that the recursion is a bit
shallower. That's a minor tweak though, I think the recursion was
already pretty deep.

>  Does anyone who knows more
> about XSLT than I do have any suggestions?

I'm not sure if there's anyone here who does. I've never looked at
exslt before. I probably should though, as I've often wanted something
like exsl:node-set.

thanks,

Daniel